|Type||SSH File Transfer|
|Features||Free SSH File Transfer, Terminal and Tunneling|
Bitvise SSH Client is a free and flexible SSH Client for Windows includes state of the art terminal emulation, graphical as well as command-line SFTP support, an FTP-to-SFTP bridge, powerful tunneling features including dynamic port forwarding through integrated proxy, and remote administration for Bitvise SSH Server. It can be used free of charge in environments of any type.
Bitvise SSH Client is used to initiate connections to SSH servers. It is usually used interactively, so it will only run when a user runs it, but it can also be launched unattended to run scripted commands or file transfers, or to maintain an SSH connection for port forwarding. The SSH client is used to access a terminal console on an SSH server, to initiate port forwarding, or to initiate file transfers to and from SSH servers using SFTP.
Bitvise SSH client supports all desktop and server versions of Windows, 32-bit and 64-bit, from Windows XP SP3 and Windows Server 2003, up to the most recent Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. The latest versions additionally support storing host key information and client authentication key-pairs in an SSH Client profile. This means that you can copy the contents of the SSH Client installation directory to a USB key, insert the USB key into another computer, and run the graphical SSH Client.
Graphical SFTP File Transfers
Bitvise SSH Client incorporates one of the most advanced SFTP file transfer clients, supporting:
- Automatic resuming, text file awareness, recursive subdirectory transfers.
- Powerful, advanced transfer list management.
- Verified-integrity resume with servers that support SFTP v6 check-file and check-file-blocks.
- High speed – in tens or hundreds of MB/s with Bitvise SSH Server, network and disk speed permitting.
- Fast responsiveness to user input even when in the middle of multiple file transfers.
- Incorporates an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client.
Terminal Access – Remote Console
Bitvise SSH Client provides integrated access to the SSH server’s console, either via VT-100 and xterm protocols supported by most SSH servers on any platform, or via the enhanced bvterm protocol supported by Bitvise SSH Server:
- All terminal emulation is done in a regular Windows console, using standard Windows fonts, supporting standard settings for Windows consoles;
- UTF support with VT-100 and xterm, Unicode support with bvterm (full Unicode support on NT-series Windows platforms);
- Full color support with xterm and bvterm;
- Support for large screen buffers, all key combinations including Alt-keys and accurate console rendering with bvterm (fully accurate on NT-series Windows platforms).
Bitvise SSH Client also incorporates a command line terminal emulation client, stermc, as well as a command-line remote execution client.
Bitvise SSH Client incorporates an FTP-to-SFTP bridge which performs translation between the FTP and SFTP protocols, allowing any FTP client application to connect securely to an SFTP server through Bitvise SSH Client. Both active mode and passive mode FTP data connections are supported, as well as restarted transfers, directory listings and other features.
All FTP clients should be able to list directories and transfer files across Bitvise SSH Client’s FTP-to-SFTP bridge, including integrated clients in applications such as DreamWeaver, GUI clients such as BulletProof FTP, and command line clients such as the default ftp.exe client accompanying Windows.